Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Query - Approval Message - How to stop it 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pampas58

Technical User
May 27, 2004
US
I'm creating a new application for our repair department to send out quote letters to our customers rather than make the 1000 phone calls it takes to make contact with them. I want the clerk to have two options "Print NOW" which is done and works fine, or "Batch Print".

I set the status when the form opens to "NEW" then when she's ready and selects "Batch Print" I set the status code to "Print" (yeah, I know very creative). Later when she wants to print the full batch job I want to set the Status code to "PRINTED".

I created a simple Update query and I launch it after the batch print has run. The problem is that it comes up and asks the clerk "You're about to update X records, Once you click yes...." How do I stop this from coming up? Any suggestions?

Have a look at the SetWarnings method.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

How are ya Pampas58 . . .

To permanently turn off these action messages:

[blue]Tools[/blue] - [blue]Options[/blue] - [blue]Edit/Find Tab[/blue] - [blue]Confirm Section[/blue] - [purple]remove check from Action queries.[/purple]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

PHV - Thanks you
TheAceMan1 - You ROCK!!!

Thank you both for the help

Thanks for your help, the ignorace you jusst cured... is mine

Tempus Fugit, ergo carpe diem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search