Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update problems - PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpha

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
GB
Hi, I'm having problems with the UPDATE sql command when connecting postgresql to a java program. In my debug process I then tried the command directly in postgres (which also did not work).
But get this, if I then create new data in postgres the SAME sql command works! (although UPDATE still doesn't work when tried via the java program) I am also using simple delete , select and insert commands in the java program which work fine so I am not sure that it is my java skills that are at fault here.

Can anyone suggest anything because i'm stumped with this. Thanks

What Error are you getting back??
Dont know if this is helpful but I had a problem awhile back when I started, after coverting from access, in that I didnt use lower case for the field names in both query and field Def, and when I tried a select it worked but an update didnt! Dodgy but still perhaps thats it?

Thanks Ben, I had a previous pg_dump of my database and tried the radical step of removing then reinitialising the database which for some reason worked (at least I know that my programming wasn't at fault!). However, now my insert commands work sporadically (such as inserting the first two characters instead of the full string)

Hmm, I think there may be something wrong with my postgresql install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back