Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkenworthy

Programmer
Sep 13, 2002
GB
I have 3 arrays with corresponding values in:
NGNarray(value1), PRICEarray(value1), TERMNOarray(value1)
NGNarray(value2), PRICEarray(value2), TERMNOarray(value2)
etc.
(Each represents new values for a record)

I have an SQL update statement into which these values are placed, in turn these are supposed to update each record in the database accordingly:

for I=0 to Ubound(NGNarray)

"UPDATE NGN SET termination_no = '" & TERMNOarray(I) & "', sale_price = " & PRICEarray(I) & " WHERE sold = 1 and held = 1 and held_by = '" & varCA & "' and NGN_number IN (SELECT s.NGN_Number FROM Sale s, NGN n WHERE s.NGN_number = n.NGN_number and s.sale_id = '" & varsale_id & "' and s.NGN_number = '" & NGNarray(I) & "')"

next

HOWEVER, the problem is that it is only updating the first record in the database which matches the criteria. I have executed the query manually and it works perfectly (conditions are met, sub query returns correct values), so it is definately a loop problem or something.

I have also checked what values are in the array for each loop occurance and this is correct e.g:

TERMNOarray = 01111111111
PRICEarray = 35
NGNarray = 08451254423

TERMNOarray = 02222222222
PRICEarray = 75
NGNarray = 08702112122

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Chris.

This might be a silly question, but at what size did you dim the array?

I didnt specify a size, just declared as:

dim strNGN
dim NGNarray
dim strTERMNO
dim TERMNOarray
dim strPRICE
dim PRICEarray

Then, read the values in to the strings, split them then put them in the arrays. e.g:

NGNarray = split(strNGN,",")

The arrays are dynamic and seem to work because when i debug and output their contents it is working fine (see previous post). The main problem still persists though in getting them into the query loop.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back