Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Multiple records in a subform with data from a drop-down

Status
Not open for further replies.

starbird

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
US
Ok, here is my set-up.

I have a main form that displays data on enhancement requests. This is fed from one table. [MainForm]

I have a subform that displays the areas impacted and the complexity for each of those areas, only for the given request number (from the main form). Users can add, delete, and change the data in this subform, but not the main form. the fields on this subform are Area, Complexity, Duration (Visible) and Request ID and Level (Hidden). [SubForm1]

What I need to do is this.

For the request, set a Level for the request type. Right now, this is a second subform, [SubForm2] that has one field visable (the Level, which is a Combo Box) and a hidden field, which is the request ID from the main form. A request can have one and only one level. This is stored in a table with the Request ID and the Level. The reason it isn't part of the main form/table is that the data from the main form/table is an external application/database that can not be updated/changed through Access, and is linked.

One request may impact one or more areas, each with the ability to select a complexity.

So, to summarize what I need help with....

I need to have users select a level (0, 1, 2, 3 or 4) on [SubForm2] and have that level updated on all the associated records in [SubForm1] that currently are there, or are added after.

Currently, I have a macro which triggers on the onChange event on the control in [SubForm2], but it only updates the selected record in [SubForm1]

I am using Access 2002/XP.

Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back