Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update MAS90 without print

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggastelum

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
US
Is it possible to update MAS90 without using the print process? For example, I create a new sales order. I print the sales order and different tables get updated. I would like to get those tables updated without using Sales Order Printing from the main menu of the Sales Order Module.

Thanks,
George

Depends on your version of MAS90. Later versions of MAS90 allow a user to be marked as having "Supervisor Rights" (pull up the user code in user maintenance). When checked, you can Preview the document. When the preview window is closed, you'll be prompted whether you want to update or not.

On older (character) versions of MAS90, there was a backdoor to let you skip printing and go right into the update--I can look it up if you want.. I'm a programmer for a MAS90 master developer.

PgmrChris,

Yes I would like that information if possible. The version
of MAS90 I am using is 3.41 but will be updating to 3.5.
I am sorry I did not respond earlier but I did not receive
notification I had a response to my posting. I did mark
it for notification. If you want you can reply to me
at ggastelum@p-i-inc.com

Thanks,
George

Here's how you can get to an update w/o printing in character MAS90:
(1) When prompted with the list of devices to print to, choose Video
(2) Whenever prompted with &quot;END OF REPORT - PRESS <ENTER> TO CONTINUE [ ]&quot;, enter an exclamation point and hit return.
(3) When all journals have finished printing, you will be prompted whether you wish to update or not.

Thats it!

Chris,
Thanks alot for the information.
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back