Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update ListBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiko

Technical User
Apr 5, 2002
SE
Hi!
I have a ListBox, that presents information and some meassurement values, when I press a "startbutton". But the ListBox doesn't update until the function is done. I wont it to display information during the function is running, so the user can see what's happening.

Martin

Have you tried using the Invalidate() function within your loop as your listbox is being updated?

If you use classes like CInternetSession your thread will be blocked until connection is come to the end. I don't know what is the problem with your ListBox, but if you really use classes for INet you must create another thread for them. I realy don't have any problems with refreshing my ListBox-es, the only problem is when i use INet classes and unfortunately Invalidate() function will not help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back