Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update IP Address on LSP s8300 (AVP, CM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
Do to a change with the corporate network I will have to re-IP an s8300 lsp (AVP/CM) and MG. Are there any documented steps that can be shared on how to do this? Specifically for the 8300. I will not have the ability to re-install from scratch. For one, I've never built one nor do I have the sw to do so. I will have the ability to do this locally and directly connected to the 8300. Any help would be apprecaited.

1.AVP is similar to esxi,you can search how to change esxi ip address by google.
2.CM can be changed ip address on web interface,just login CM gui and find "Network".
3.I will say it is a little hard to change a media gateway ip address if it doesn't configure by you.
There are already articles written how to do it.

On CM 6, I had to update a bunch of LSPs and media gateways and also wrote up a procedure for others to follow. I haven't had to do this change on CM 8 but I think you still would need to update the LSP IP address via the web console first, change the IP info for AVP next and finally change the IP info on the gateway.
You probably need to use SDM to change the IP of AVP as described on page 57 of the AVP deployment guide. Changing the IP of the media gateway isn't difficult but needs to be done last. Here are the steps I followed for that:
[ol 1]
[li]Inter vlan 1[/li]
[li]No ip address[/li]
[li]ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y[/li]
[li]pmi[/li]
[li]exit[/li]
[li]ip default z.z.z.z[/li]
[li]clear mgc list[/li]
[li]set mgc list q.q.q.q[/li]
[li]copy run start[/li]
[/ol]
If all works, then you would need to update the LSP node-name in CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back