Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update installer requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreFeo

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
ES
Hi, I'm not a DBA, I'm an AIX admin, so excuse me if there are mistakes.

In a client they're trying to install Oracle 11.2.03 (Oracle + SAP Portal on AIX 6.1 TL07).
They've executed the prerequisite checks, and they've told me that it is complaining about 2 AIX apars not being installed (IZ97457 and IZ89165).
These 2 apars doesn't apply for AIX 6.1 TL07, they are for AIX 6.1 TL06 and below.

Checking in IBM page I've seen that these 2 apars would update 2 AIX packages to level 6.1.5.15, but in my server they are on a greater level (6.1.7.16), so I think that maybe it's the Oracle installer, that it is out-of-date and doesn't know about my AIX level.

Is it possible to update the installer checks to a more up-to-date version?

Thanks

Possibly, but if you're happy that these are false positives and there are no other issues, run the installer leaving out the prerequisite checks:

./runinstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

Hope this helps.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back