Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

syndicate47

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2001
GB
I am trying to push a superdat file to a networked PC by using the Management Console. I have tried this several times but have failure. I get an error message on the user PC stating there has been an Integrity failure.

I have re-installed the software but still have the same problem. Can anyone help?

why not update your repository and this machine, then push the new configuration to the pc?

This has been done. The PC still rejects the update

Have U solved the problem with Your McAfee client yet?
I'm eager 2 know Cuz I've got the same problem :(

ChickO

Pushing the SuperDAT file via ME requires that you download the file ME.ZIP on the same download page as the SuperDAT. Place them in the update directory and rename SDATxxxx.EXE to SETUP.EXE for this to work. It's listed in the README.TXT file in the same web page.

Hope this helps.

AVChap

I did solve the problem in the end.

The client was a 95 machine. I needed to alter the win.ini file as it contain a McAfee run command from previous, failed installs. I forget the line now but it will be obvious once you're there. I also had to deltee a McAfee folder. I'm sorry I'm not very clear. I have left that company now and It's been a while.

If all else fails. Un-install the client and install it again. ( I do remember that if you re-install, the above still needs to be done as they are not delete. ) I may be able to find out more if you want.

Mangement Console (MCon), is a real piece of work by the good ol' boys at NAI. It was slated to support NT/NW/UNIX/CLient...etc, the only use for MCon is for DAT pushes to NT platforms, and install pushes for NT. It cannot push engines, it cannot support Netware properly(if at all), and don't even try to use it for Client or UNIX administration. There is a new product by NAI called EP) 2.0, I highly reccommend it (depending on your enterprise). For a 30,000 seat client base, and 2000 multi-platform server base, it works incrediubly well, and does a great job managing the whole enterprise (with a few tweaks here or there.)

I recently installed windows 98 on a new harddrive, and after trying to install several software packages, including McAfee Virus Scan, I got an error message saying my Windows Registry was corrupted. I reinstalled Windows 98 and now when I try to install McAfee, I get a screen that says it is already installed and I can only edit the items that have been installed, or uninstall the program completely. When I click either of these, I get a screen that says the wizard encountered and error and no changes were made. I guess my main question is how can I totally reinstall the Windows Registry and start clean, and/or how can I get the McAfee Virus Scan to install new? I guess I could just reformat the hard drive, but certainlyl that would be a last resort. Thanks for the help anyone can give on this!

Hi guys:

I have the same problem as posted by johntx2001, except on a Win 2000 machine. I even removed all the registry entries for McAfee.. Now, it simply won't install the software. It's very frustrating.

If anyone knows anything about this, I would be greatful.

Thanks!

Javier

Try these:

- Uninstalling the agent, removing the WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NTME folder, rebooting and reinstalling the agent.

- Change the installation method: Push on or Pull Off. Do not use Batch install. I recommend Push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back