Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update changes in style set 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzizKamal

Programmer
Apr 6, 2010
PK
In Microsoft Word 2007, I created a new document testone. In this document, I entered Heading text, selected the text, and selected Heading 1. Then I centered the text, selected Times New Roman, 12 point, 0 spacing before and after, and double line spacing. Then I right-clicked Heading 1 in the Styles group and selected Update Heading 1 to Match Selection. This updated Heading 1 Style.
Now I entered another Heading text, selected the text, and clicked Heading 1. My new formatting applied to the selected text. Then I did as follows:
Change Styles -> Style Set -> Save as Quick Style Set, entered MyStyle101, and clicked Save.

Now I opened a new file and saved it as testtwo. In this file, I did as follows:
Change Styles -> Style Set -> MyStyle101
Now I entered Heading Text, selected the text, and clicked Heading 1. This applied the formatting.
Now I changed a formatting in Heading 1 Style. I selected Heading Text and selected Align Left. Then:
Right Click Heading 1 -> Update Heading 1 to Match selection.
To test this change, I entered another Heading Text, selected the Heading Text, and clicked Heading 1. This applied the formatting and Heading 1 was left aligned.

Now I opened a new file and saved it as testthree. Then I did as follows:
Change Styles -> Style Set -> MyStyle101
Now I entered Heading Text, selected the text, and clicked Heading 1. This time, my previous change was not reflected. The Heading Text was aligned Center. It was not left aligned. How can I update the left alignment setting to MyStyle101, so that whenever MyStyle101 is selected, Heading1 gets left alignment and not center alignment?

Aziz I could not fathom what you are trying to ask. At least for someone like me, could you make it simple?

Never miss an opportunity to shut up

Ok.
I typed:
Hello World and clicked Heading 1 Style. Heading 1 was left aligned.
I selected Hello World, and center aligned it. Then right clicked Heading 1 style, and selected Update Heading 1 to Match Selection.
Then I saved it as a Quick Style Set HelloWorld101.

Now I opened a new word document and selected style set HelloWorld101.
I typed:
Hello World and selected Heading 1 Style
Heading 1 was center aligned this time.
I selected Hello World, and made it Italic. Then right clicked Heading 1 style, and selected Update Heading 1 to Match Selection.

Now I opened another document and selected style set HelloWorld101.
I typed:
Hello World and selected Heading 1 Style
Heading 1 was center aligned this time. BUT IT WAS NOT ITALIC. This is because the Italic setting did not update in HelloWorld101 Style. I need to know, how can I update it in HelloWorld101 Style?

You need to do this step again:
[highlight #204A87]Then I saved it as a Quick Style Set HelloWorld101[/highlight]

Never miss an opportunity to shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back