Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Blackberry OS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teters

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
US
First, I am new to the Blackberry handheld. I have been going through the documentation and found a table that lists the current OS for the Desktop Redirector and the Blackberry OS. I am currently running Desktop Redirector 3.6 and on the Blackberry I am running 1.6. I would like to update the Blackberry OS to 2.6 (since that's what the table said I should have). Also, I am having some difficulties with syncing. Where and how can that be accomplished? I have looked on the site but have not found anything for downloading the OS.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Not sure about how your software is distributed etc. but our device upgrade came on the same CD as the desktop upgrade

Regards,
Tony.

Where did you get your Blackberry? What model is it?

I got it from an AT&T Wireless Dealer. The model is a 7210.

1.6 is not the code level it is a platform number.
Go into options, applications then select modules. This will show you the version of Handheld code you have. Then go to ATT's website to verify you have the latest code release or to get the latest code.

Please see my FAQ posted to this site for Blackberry versions. You DON'T want 2.6.

thank you bc21640! you just saved me a lot of embarrassment.

I'm confused on how the blackberry is supposed to work. Right now I am receiving the emails that are redirected from my Outlook 2000 client. That works great. But when I read and delete the email from the blackberry the emails do not go away in Outlook on the desktop connected to the LAN. Is it supposed to? It does not sync the blackberry to Outlook on the network. In essence, I have to delete the email from the Outlook client and the blackberry. Are there any settings that I can check to keep this from happening? Currently, Desktop Delete On is set to Mailbox and Handheld; Wireless Reconcile is set to ON; and Conflicts is set to Mailbox wins. Are there any other settings that I am not seeing?

Thanks for any help.

Wireless reconcile doesn't work with desktop redirector. You need to install a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back