Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update after selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSando

Technical User
Jun 29, 2003
AU
Hi

I'm sure this is simple but I just can't get me head around it.

I have a combobox on a spreadsheet which is linked to a cell (B9) and when the user selects the item from the list I want to update cells on the same sheet based on a table.

I can update the cells with the below code:

Sheets("sheet1").Range("B10").Value_
= Application.VLookup(Sheets("sheet1").Range("B9"),_ Worksheets("sheet4").Range("A2:G200"), 2, False)

But I just can't work out how to update the cells on making the selection in the combobox

Any help is much appreicated.

Thank you in advance

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder 'What happened?'

Hi,

Please explain what you are trying to update with the combo selection.

Is it ALWAYS the same cell?

Are you adding rows to a table?

Where is the table and what is the structure?

Please be clear, concise and compete.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

Skip

I found a work around. I just validated a cell instead of using the combobox and used Vlookup for the other cells that needs updating

Thanks anyway

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder 'What happened?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back