Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updatable query - not updatatable as form's recordset ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSGB

Technical User
Feb 14, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a form which on opening comes up with the 'This recordset is not updatable' status if the recordsource is set to a certain query (other simpler queries are updatable...).

OK so you'd think the problem is the query is not updatable.

But if I go into the recordsource and run the query there then I can update data in the recordsource.

So there must be an interaction where an updatable query in an updatable form can result in a not-updatable recordset. Has anyone come across this and can shed any light?

For reference it's an Access 2000 database; the SQL involved is:

SELECT [sct2-Tasks].TaskID, [sct4-Dept].DeptID, [sct2-Tasks].Load, [sct2-Tasks].Comment, [sct1-QP].JobNo, [sct2-Tasks].OrderInQP, [sct2-Tasks].PlannedStart AS Start, [sct2-Tasks].PlannedFinish AS Stop, [sct2-Tasks].ActualStart, [sct2-Tasks].ActualFinish, [sct2-Tasks].ActivityText, [sct1-QP].Name AS ScheduleName, [sct1-QP].IssueNo, [sct1-QP].Notes, [sct2-Tasks].QP, [sct2-Tasks].Section, [RST11-JobDetails].JobStatus, [sct4-Dept].DeptName
FROM ([sct1-QP] LEFT JOIN [RST11-JobDetails] ON [sct1-QP].JobID = [RST11-JobDetails].JobID) LEFT JOIN ([sct2-Tasks] LEFT JOIN [sct4-Dept] ON [sct2-Tasks].Dept = [sct4-Dept].DeptID) ON [sct1-QP].QPID = [sct2-Tasks].QP
WHERE ((([sct4-Dept].DeptID)=[Forms]![RSF1-Main]![SchedulingFilter]) AND (([sct2-Tasks].ActualFinish) Is Null Or ([sct2-Tasks].ActualFinish)>Now()-7) AND (([RST11-JobDetails].JobStatus)="live"))
ORDER BY [sct1-QP].JobNo, [sct2-Tasks].OrderInQP, [sct2-Tasks].PlannedStart, [sct2-Tasks].PlannedFinish, [sct2-Tasks].QP;

The form has allowedits = Yes

Thanks in advance,

RSGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back