Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Up time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikescience

Vendor
May 2, 2002
US
Is there an uptime display for the BCM50/400 that shows the last time its been rebooted. I know that you could could that is the alarm log. But if your alarm log is full of entries and then you have to transfer and search the log - The customer wants something similar to Cisco that easily shows the time since the last reboot.

Thanks,
Mike Science

Yup, there are two ways I use.

First of all, if you load up BCM Monitor, Under BCM Info, you'll see Boot Time on the left hand side.

The other method I use is throuh SNMP. The most common is through OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0, although that tells the uptime of the SNMP agent (which always starts with BCM startup.... unless you don't have SNMP configured). I also think there is a BCM-specific uptime, but i don't remember that off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back