Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unwanted parts of excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

iansmithwolves

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
GB
I have a spreadsheet and I want to get rid of unwanted rows and columns from the screen which are not part of the actual spreadsheet. Can this be done?

Ian
Wolves
England

Try hiding them. Is that what you're after?

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

Not really cus that would require all the unwanted cells to be highlighted

Not really cus that would require all the unwanted cells to be highlighted"

??????????????????

How exactly are you going to "get rid" of all "unwanted" cells without highlighting them all ????

You can only hide what you do not want in excel, you cannot make the spreadsheet any bigger or smaller than it is - whatever you do to it though, will require selecting all the cells / rows / columns to do it so I really have no idea what point you were trying to make with your response.....

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

There is always AutoFilter from the Data menu. Or in 2003, the List functionality.

Regards,
Zack Barresse

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. What is a MS MVP? PODA
- Leonardo da Vinci

How did you create this spreadsheet? Would it be feasible to select the portion you want and copy it to a new spreadsheet? Or a new tab?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Select the rows and column those are not going to be used from their headers, and hide them all. So you will have only the cells containing the data in your worksheet.
Not really cus that would require all the unwanted cells to be highlighted
I didn't get this...What do you want to achieve through this?
There is no other alternative than this...

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back