Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unwanted Multiple Copies in Reports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenriM

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
GB
I have just completed an application in AccessXP producing reports based on queries which, in turn, access modules which I have written.

The application itself was originally started in Access97 and converted to Access2000, using XP, for completion.

All the Forms, Queries and Modules work correctly; all event procedures are in VBA code and there are no macros.

PUZZLE: Running the queries and viewing the Reports everything looks in order BUT the Reports seem to be cloning themselves , with as many as 26 copies in some cases.

Has anyone any ideas?

Maybe it has something to do with the join properties of the queries the reports are based upon?

If your query is based on multiple tables this can happen.

Does that get you closer to the answer?
LB1

Does the number of copies match the number of rows returned by the query?

If so, then you probably need to move your 'aggregate' functions into a group footer, and hide the detail by setting it's height to 0.

to leobaby and colinb
Many thanks! Between you you have provided the solution! I list this below in case it helps someone else.

Basically I was trying to link both Form and Subform to a single query with two RecordIDs as Criteria. By "cleaning up " my query I did get the repetition down to two copies.
So, I thought, why not bring each down to one by having two queries, each with its own RecordID and acting as a Source for its own Form. Adjust the Master/Child links accordingly and bingo! - one Report, one Copy.

Problem solved, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back