Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unwanted lines in Print Preview - Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

harky

Technical User
Oct 29, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a document that looks fine in editing mode, but as soon as I print it, or even look at it in Print Preview, strange unwanted horizontal lines appear in certain paragraphs. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these?

Thanks
Harky

Try this:

Under Tools, Auto Correct Options, Autoformat as You Type tab; uncheck everything under apply as you type, uncheck Border lines.

Please respond if that works or not.

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Hi mate,

Nope, that didn't work. I've PDFed it and can remove the lines with PitStop, but they are uneditable in the Word document

This from Word MVP FAQ

To remove lines, select the paragraph above it and, in Format | Borders and Shading, choose None; or click the down arrow beside the Borders button on the toolbar and choose the last (No Border) option in the palette. Alternatively, you can simply click in the offending paragraph and press Ctrl+Q, which resets the paragraph formatting to the default for the style.

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

I've tried removing borders, it's almost as if the text has a hidden paragraph or something in the background. It's a bit odd and I'm guessing the file is corrupt in some way

Have you tried sending this document to some one else (different printer) and see if the problem follows?

Lilliabeth
-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?-

If this is Word 2003, use Open and Repair option. If it is a previous version, open a blank document and use Insert, File.

Are the strange lines still present?

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back