Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unwanted Addition of New Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

khwaja

Technical User
Aug 27, 2001
AU
I have created a form based on a single table. Nothing special, just an ordinary form to capture some details on issues raised.

I have noticed that when right clicking the scroll button to add a new record, not only that that the new record is saved without any addition to the record but if I continue scrolling right, I can create a number of blank records.

This is the first time I have seen something like this happening. Please note there is just one date field in the form which is defaulted and that's the only thing that is saved as I scroll.

Any one has an idea how could I disable this feature?

I created this form in Access 2002.

Cheers

AK

Note: Using Access 97 for back end A2002 for front end.

AK

Have you defined a primary key for your table?

If you are able to create blank records, then you need to consider setting restrictions on at least one field. This is done in the Table Design view.

You may consider reviewing...
or

Yea, I know, boring stuff, but Access and relational databases in many ways is more powerful but requires more skill than spreadsheets or word processors.

Richard

Thanks Richard.

I am slightly better than basic user. So understand the need for PK. There is a PK in the underlying table.

I guess the code I had in the form had something to do with this as when I closed down the whole application and Access, and came back, this was fixed. For some reason it was allowing to create records previously. No idea how this happended. If you any insights, please let me know.

Thanks.

Cheers

AK

Note: Using Access 97 for back end A2002 for front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back