Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unusual Transition Effects Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopstik

Technical User
Oct 24, 2001
US
I am running Windows 2000 with Visual Studio 6 and MS Office 2000. Recently, I have had a problem with the transition effects in the VS 6 and MS Office products. When I click on the Menu bar in any of those related applications, the menus drop down very slowly, sort of like a fade or scroll effect.

Thinking that it was the transition effects, I tried to turn it off in the Display settings but that has done no good. Additionally, the problem does not occur in any other Windows applications, only in VS 6 (like VB or VI) or any Office apps. But IE, Explorer, the Start Menus or anything else is unaffected. If anything, they are even faster now that I turned off the transition effects.

Has anyone come across this or have any ideas on how best to deal with the issue? Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Have you tried reinstalling Office using the Reinstall/Repair option ?

SL.

Honestly, no I have not. That would require going through our less than useful network/application support group whose first response to any problem is to wipe any malfunctioning system and re-image the machine. Since mine is a development machine, that really is not an option since they can barely handle a normal re-image, let alone one that does not fit into their "normal" parameters.

That said, I'll see if I can find a back door where I could do that myself without having to involve them. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes when/if I have the opportunity to implement it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back