Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unusual DTMF tone on 1403

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletomi

Vendor
Aug 31, 2013
PH
Hi all, I have this customer with IPO R9.1 SP3 3x DS30 and 2X DS16. It also has 1x combo card and 3x Digital extension cards. All ports have extensions configured. As I load its license, I plugged in a 1403 to one of the digital ports. I noticed, when I dial an extension directly( no lifting of handset; no dialing of speaker phone button nor line appearance button), the first digit gives an unusual DTMF tone. I tried to dial 1 alone, then there's the unusual tone. Tried to dial 2 alone, and there it is again. Just found out that the first digit or character (* and #) always return that kind of tone. Please hear "Any first dial" wav file for your reference.

I also attached a second wav file wherein I dialed extension 5999 directly for additional reference. Please hear "Dialed an extension" wav file. The file will be on the next thread since I can't combine two attachments.

But whenever I lift the handset, dialed the speaker phone button or line appearance button, and try to make a call, I hear the normal DTMFs of the digits or characters (* and #) dialed. In addition, whenever I make call with speaker on, the ring tone or busy tone will be heard is not continuous. Sometimes you can hear it continuous ring tone or busy tone, but sometimes not. I don't think it's a hardware issue because I used 3 brand new 1403 phones and plug it randomly in all digital ports I can use. I haven't try it to 1408 and 1416. I also tried to downgrade it to R9.1 SP2 and SP1 but no good. So I upgraded it back to R9.1 SP3. I hope you could give insight please.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=31d5feae-eafe-4933-853d-c28d911b6b15&file=Any_first_dial_.wav
Hi all.. Please give your insights. Your comments will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Hi All, I upgrade the control unit to R9.1 SP4 but the unusual sound for 1403 is still there. I already tried to it to 1408 and 1416 phones. But all are normal whenever dialing directly the extensions. You can never hear the unusual first digit or character sound unlike on 1403 phones. Do you think it's just a distinction sound for 1403? I hope someone cares for my thread.[sadeyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back