Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unusual Compilation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallaceoc80

Programmer
Jul 7, 2004
GB
Every so often at random times a I get a compilation error stating that it cannot file a dll file that I have included in my project references.

The error is:

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net files\dev_veri\5cc163e2\f52c1567\assembly\dl2\3a0157f4\00aa9cb3_b115c401\fredck.fckeditor.dll' could not be found

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: Line: 0

Then if I do nothing but keep on debugging the application it starts to work fine again?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Wallace

I ran into this problem and it caused major delays. The resolution I found was to close the solution. Then go the the folder structure and manually delete the files inside the /bin/ folders. These folders contain a bunch of .dll's that will be re-create devery time you compile anyways. Delete them all, then open the solution and Rebuild. This should fix your problem. It's a pain in the @ss, but it fixes the problem. I ran into the problem every time I made xml schema changes.

If your getting this error it may be because you have a signed assembly in your bin folder. Apparently signed assemblies are not supported in bin folder

There is a MS article (rather short) about this here.

Make sure you add the offending assembly to the GAC to fix the problem

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

I run into this problem quite often myself and before I would completely close VS and reopen it and it would go away. Now, I just go back into VS and click Rebuild Solution under the Build menu and the problem goes away (for a little while anyway).

Very frustrating.

Thanks!
Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back