Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unsafe Attachments in Outlook 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk99

MIS
Jun 20, 2003
GB
Can anyone help me please.

I currently use outlook 2000 SR-1 and when I want to send or receive a mail with an MS Access attachment, or *.ink it tells me

"Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments"

and I now have no way of retrieving the file.

Any ideas of how I can get round this ?

Dan

I had the same problem using Outlook Express. All I had to do was to change my Security settings in the Tools>Options>Security tab. Since I don't use Outlook, I can't tell you if that would fix the problem for you.

Dan, you're in luck. There's a small freeware program that performs the same trick as Microsoft describes (except with a GUI interface instead of mucking about in the registry) called Outlook XP Unlocker. It's VERY easy to use; you can enable/disable whatever you want to, whenever you want to. Download it here:

Or simply do a web search for "Outlook XP Unlocker."

Good luck!

Matt

Matt,

Do you know of a similar one for Outlook 2000, as I have tried to install the XP one, but it wont let me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back