Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unresolved External '_UCUSINGAIS' : (Blinker 1115)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcbsnj

Programmer
Oct 1, 2002
US
I am trying to recompile and link an old clipper application written in 5.2e using blinker 4.1. The only change I made in the link program is changing "lib axsbcomm.lib" to "SEARCH axipbcom.lib". When I try to relink using blinker I get the following error:

BLINKER : 1115 : AXIPBCOM.LIB(AXIPCOMM): '_UCUSINGAIS': unresolved external

Do I need to include any other file or libraries?

Thanks in advance
Angela

Hi, Angela.

I gather you are changing the libs being used by the program. So the short answer is the new lib doesn't contain a function the old one used to which is still in use in the program.

I don't know the libraries in question or what the differences may be, but maybe if you also search the old library (after the new one) then the reference will get resolved.

Whether or not that is functionally desirable is another question. It could be in a part of the code which will no longer get executed and so won't matter atall or it may cause problems, but it should at least get you an EXE.

Check the function reference in the docs for the new lib - maybe this function has been replaced.

Brgds
Jock

Thanks Jock for the information. I am changing libraries because we are moving from netware server (using IPX protocol) to windows 2000 (using IP protocol). The unresolved external is defined in this new library but not in the old library. I don't know if I need to use more than one library where this external is defined or using a header file? It seems like referring to AIS versions of the library code

Angela

What is the 'problem' you are trying to fix?
Does the original program not run when on the win2000 server?
Can your new library be linked in in the same fashon as the old, with the lib xxxxxx.lib format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back