Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unreadable or dismounted Tapes/ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrtkrshr

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
US
I am running ArceServe 7 on NT4 with SP6 when I add new tapes to the DLT7000 and start the tape database it shows the tapes as unreadable media or dismounted any suggestions I have restarted the server and tried many different tapes still no luck

thanks

That usually happens when the drive can't read the tape or determine it's capacity. Is it possible your drive is shot? Are these new tapes compatible?

Have these tapes been written to from another application that does not use the microsoft tape format, mtf? How where the tapes used in the past?

I have the same problem. I tried to completely uninstall ARCserve 2000 and its SP4, reinstall it with SP3. It still does not work. I contacted Compaq to troubleshoot my backup library (StorageWorks TL891DLX MiniLibrary 10 slots) for any hardware-related issues. The result showed that all tests were passed. I used all brand-new tapes. Do you have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back