Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unreadable or dismounted Tapes/ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrtkrshr

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
US
I am running ArceServe 7 on NT4 with SP6 when I add new tapes to the DLT7000 and start the tape database it shows the tapes as unreadable media or dismounted any suggestions I have restarted the server and tried many different tapes still no luck

thanks

Are you using brand new tapes or ones that have come from other devices, possibly ones that are DLT 8000's? If I load a library containing DLT 7000 drives, with tapes from a library with DLT 8000 tapes, not only does it display them as unreadable, it also knocks the devices offline.

Question: Have you tried to reinventory the tapes? Have you tried using the backup device wizard? I had a similar problem when I installed a fresh load ARCServ 7.0, I kept restarting the Tape jukebox and rebooting the server to no avail, I used the device wizard but eventually all I got was a device offline, then I discovered the second device wizard, "The device configuaration wizard", I had to run it, it saw my tape jukebox, but it actuall had boxes I had to check to allow ARCServe to manage the device, when I did this it inventoried all tapes and the onces it had recently seen as unreadable where now useable and rreadable. Hope this helps. Try ARCserve Device configuaration Wizard, check the boxes for your tape device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back