Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UnReadable Compiler info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGoudie

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
CA
I know procomm does not support win XP. but i had a few questions. it runs alright on my machine, but i find that the error information and so on is all bunchedon one line

with blocks in between, i'm assuming characters that the control couldn't intrepret as a carrige return. has anyone experienced this? its hard to debug a script when you can't see what the errors are

I've never seen this myself, but I've only rarely run Procomm on XP. Have you tried running Procomm in compatibility mode to see if that clears up the problem?
aspect@aspectscripting.com

Yea, i chose compatibility mode Windows 98/Me

but it still does the same thing. i will play with different modes adn settings to see if i can find a mode that works.

I found out a compatibility setting that seemed to work great. I set the compiler to be compatibile with Windows 2000.

shows very nice in the window now.

Glad you were able to find a workaround. I keep hoping that there will be a version of Procomm for XP, but I don't think we'll see one.
aspect@aspectscripting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back