Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unread notification in Outlook Calendar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash57

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
US
Running Office 2000 on XP computers-

Noticed something on a user's outlook in their calendar. On the shortcut bar next to the Calendar icon there was a (1) next to it. Just like if you had new or unread email in your inbox. Right clicking on the calendar icon and selecting "mark all read" cleared it. She couldnt really find anything on her calendar that had change.

I or the user have never seen this before. I dont know what you would have to do to even recreate something like that. She does have an assistant that has access to her calendar to schedule and arrange appointments.

Anyone else see this happen before?

Thanks.

Hi,

The unread calender item is exactly the same as an unread email. I would expect that her assistant has added an appointment or such to the calender and this (1) is for notification of a new calender item.

The only way in which I have found the ability to find the unread calender items is to do an advanced find. Go to the second tab (more choices) and select Only items that are unread. Ensure that you are searching just in the calender. This should then find you the unread calender item.

HTH

Matt Smith

No two nulls are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back