Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unplugged phone stops external forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayniematt

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2004
US
I have a phone that forwards all calls to an external number. It works until I unplug the phone. After the phone is unplugged for a few minutes, external calls to this number start going to our attendant, internal calls still get forward. I have tried creating the DN as analog, phantom and even a queue, with the same results.

Currently the only significant cls I am using is cfxa.

I have also tried using the following using FDN dcfw and HUNT with the same results.

Is this phone built as a unique phone? Check the Marp.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Check you CLS is not FRE
You could also use a Phantom DN with DCFW (Dedicated Forward) or ACD / MAXP 1 / NCFW xxxxxxx (ExternalNr)
Cheers!

There is only one apearance of this DN. It is not FRE. It work fine until I unplug the phone. For some reason this affects the routing.

FNA...it was FNA in the COS.
Thanks UAC.

what? i must have read that one t0 quick, did this work until you unplugged the set... ? several ways to do cfxa without a set... one is a maxp 1 acd ncfw to the acod plus dest... if it's just one lic/tn.. no big deal// when i started at this site they had 300 ghost sets.. if you have a lot to add, might look at some other ways to cfxa..

another problem is when sets disable they nbo longer forward.. i just added a soft analog card (empty slot) to send 16 stations to mail for a number change.. the analog card disabled during midn// a first on me.. had to use another workaround.. i date all temp forwards because we all forget to out them

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hayniematt, when you tested with the queue and the FTR DCFW, there were no physical phones to unplug. The CLS FNA is not what solved this.

If even the Queue method failed, it is very likely the cause is Trunk Disconnect Controls

LD21 REQ prt TYPE rdb ROUT <?>

Look at NEDC and FEDC

~

GHTROUT, you were right, it didn't have to do with FNA. For some reason it couldn't call out on a DID line it needed to be changed to a TIE line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back