Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unnecessary start-up progs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amen2u

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
CA
I was shocked to discover that I have 32 progs on start-up. Surely they are all not needed.

I do some heavy graphics and animations, but outside of that the rest is usual stuff. I do have a grandson who is heavy into games tho.

Is there a source where I can check out what these individual progs are before I disable them? I already know and use pac-portals list, but not all of these progs are listed there.

Thanx to all.

You can download a program called startpro which you can get free. Try download.com - Using this is easy and you can see everything run on startup. You can then put things running you dont need in the "smart bin" and recall them later to be used on startup. A bit like the recycle bin in windows. Its amazing the difference it can make.
Andy
Please vote if you think this has been helpful thanks!

Sorry guys. Forgot to say I am using W2000.

the post by ashaikh01 is well worth it, mike lin's startup control panel is quick, easy, and very small and works better than any other i have used. Also, might download his startup monitor as well, which alerts you to programs trying to get into your start menu. everyday you learn something new, the day you dont is the day you die....so make someone live longer teach them something.......MUTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back