Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unmountable filesystems

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5000

Technical User
Nov 24, 2010
PL

anyone knows, what does really mean when some filesystems can't be umounted in any way.

some filesystems from a non-rootvg VG are mounted and can;t be unmounted even if there are only common root's processes in the system, fuser doesn show any process keeping it as well as lsof doesn;t see filesystem locked.

so what a ghost locks them?

how to hadle such weird issues? I met it several times in the past and always had to ignore due to lack of solution (= reboot the system).

Even during reboot, the system reports problem that can't unmount some filesystems....

Code:
0513-044 The IBM.DRM Subsystem was requested to stop.
0513-044 The IBM.CSMAgentRM Subsystem was requested to stop.
0513-044 The xntpd Subsystem was requested to stop.
All processes currently running will now be killed...
Unmounting the file systems...
umount: error unmounting /dev/cfklv: Device busy
umount: error unmounting /dev/guklv: Device busy

Try running lsof /filesystem name and see what processes have locked it ..

Also, if you find the file system then smit fs and change it not to mount on reboot.

Also, make sure they are enot nfs mounts - hard mounts - if the system is not availiable then it will take forever on reboot ...

I would also check with fuser -xuc /filesystem to check what is lock the FS
If you are feeling agreesive use fuser -xuck /filesystem to just kill them.

I think fuser with -d option will show open but deleted files.
Maybe this can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back