Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unmatched Query issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathramos2

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2008
US
I am trying to create a simple unmatched query but I am having issues.

Situation:

Query one contains employee number and hired date
Query two contains employee number and termination date

I want to prompt for a date and return the employees that were hired before that date and weren't terminated.

I created a form that has a text box where people can enter a date and both query one and two reference it. Query one returns records <= Date and query two returns <= Date.

In plain english, return everyone that was hired by a certain date and minus out the employees that were terminated before that date.

When I ran the unmatched query, it came back with no records. If I change query two and hard code a date in it, the unmatched query returns 281 records.

not sure why.

Query One:
SELECT dbo_Employees.SystemAssignedPersonID, dbo_Employees.CurrentHireDate
FROM dbo_Employees
WHERE (((dbo_Employees.CurrentHireDate)<=[Forms]![Head Count Form]![HCDate]))
ORDER BY dbo_Employees.CurrentHireDate DESC;
Query Two:
SELECT dbo_EmployeesTerminationInfo.SystemAssignedPersonID, dbo_EmployeesTerminationInfo.TerminationDate
FROM dbo_EmployeesTerminationInfo
WHERE (((dbo_EmployeesTerminationInfo.TerminationDate)<=[Forms]![Head Count Form]![HCDate]));
Unmatched Query:
SELECT [Head Count Historical Hire Date].SystemAssignedPersonID, [Head Count Historical Hire Date].CurrentHireDate, [Head Count Historical Term Date].TerminationDate
FROM [Head Count Historical Hire Date] LEFT JOIN [Head Count Historical Term Date] ON [Head Count Historical Hire Date].SystemAssignedPersonID = [Head Count Historical Term Date].SystemAssignedPersonID
WHERE ((([Head Count Historical Term Date].TerminationDate) Is Null));

If I run this with a date such as 02/02/08, it doesn't return any records.

If I change Query two to <=#02/02/08# and run the unmatched query, it works.

If I change the queries to prompt instead of referencing a form, it still doesn't work.

If I change the the unmatched query and get rid of the IS Null portion, it returns only the records from query two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back