Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unmanaged URL Reporting in CE10/BOXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchant

Technical User
Sep 8, 2004
CA
We use URL Reporting on the web a lot for our management reporting.

We use CEv8.5 unmanaged URL Reporting, i.e. not with viewrpt.cwr? but with report file directly similarly as follows:

Will this URL reporting functionality still work as is in CE/CR v10 ?

More importantly, will this URL reporting functionality still work in BO/CR XI ?

If not, what can we use to provide similar functionality ?

Please help.
Thanks

The functionality works in version 10. They say they will do away with it but I don't think so...

Thanks for response.

Do you have CEv10 environment ? If so, I have more questions.

Have you tried using this URL reporting functionality in BO/CR XI ?

If not, what can we use to provide similar functionality ?

Thks

yes. I have CE10 environment and I am using the unmanaged approach and just now moving to managed approach. Had no problems with either. Given a choice I would stick to unmanaged.

Hi jraheja,
Can you please point me to documentation on managed URL reporting or how you are doing this ?
From how I understand managed vs unmanaged, am not sure how this will be accomplished in our case.
We use a front-end (ColdFusion) to build a web page with prompts for data entry and validation. From there we pass the parameter values in a string to form the correct URL call to the report. Plse see above thread for our URL call.
Will appreciate your help.
Thks

jraheja,

I am new to the forum.

We are also using unmanaged reports in Enterprise 8. I tried it in Enterprise 10, the report comes up using the URL parameters but the ActiveX display is giving me "The page cannot be found" messages in the frames where the toolbar and the Preview Pane were. Is there another parameter I need to set to view these as I have in Crystal 8.5?

Hi,
What jrheja provided is NOT an unmanaged report URL..The ID portion refers to the ID assigned when the report is Published- hence, managed.

I am not sure that the older, truly unmanaged, method ( using the actual .rpt file name) is still supported)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Turkbear,

dchant had requested the code for managed reporting and that is what was provided by jraheja...

This is what was requested..
"Can you please point me to documentation on managed URL reporting or how you are doing this ?"

Hi, Perhaps we read differently:

We use CEv8.5 unmanaged URL Reporting, i.e. not with viewrpt.cwr? but with report file directly similarly as follows:

Will this URL reporting functionality still work as is in CE/CR v10 ?

Looks like unmanaged was what was originally requested, and I wanted to be sure that the distinction between the 2 concepts was clear..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back