Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unmanaged Disk - BOE XI/Crystal XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa626

Programmer
Aug 9, 2006
US
I have several reports I need to schedule with a destination of unmanaged disk, The destination is a Network Share with a Main Folder and several sub folders, all folders have specific access abilities. I am having trouble setting this up in the destinationjobserver, reportjobserver, programjobserver etc... Any help on this would be appreciated.

Did you enable the Unmanaged Disk destination for each Job Server?
Are you using a UNC path to the network location or do you have the drive mapped on the server(s) that the Job Server(s) are running on?
Do you have the Job Servers running under a domain account that has the necessary permissions to write to the particular folder?

~Brian

I am sorry but I am really new to this part of BOE.
We have the Unmanaged Disk Enabled in ALL possible places under servers
We are using the UNC path at the server and report level
I am not sure about the 3rd one, we have 2 seperate servers, example Server 1 & Server 2, BOE runs on Server 2 but I need the reports to be saved to Server 1, not sure how/what login permissions are necessary.

To change the account that the server is running under, you need to use the Central Configuration Manager, a client tool installed on the Enterprise server.
Once you open that tool up, stop each Job Server, then go into the properties for each, and change the account from LocalSystem to a domain account that has the necessary permissions to write to the other server.

~Brian

Do I have to change the Report Servers also or just all the Job Servers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back