Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unlock all objects from master page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bastard

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
NL
I am trying to build up a big print page containing small labels created in indesign all using the master page (up to 100 pages)to go to print. Before when I was using quark xpress I was able to group the page and drag the label (including the items from the master )to the print page. If I try this in indesign, all items from the master stay locked into place and I have to unlock every item seperetly to group the lay-out. But this takes to much time and is very sensetive to error. Is there a way to unlock ALL items from the master?? at the moment I am using the PDF export but this is also very time consuming.

thanks for your time,

Flo

Flo, I'm not sure I understand your description of what you're trying to do, but I'll give it a shot.

First, there's no way to release all master objects from masters all at once...not yet at least.

Is there a reason why you're settin up these labels on a master page? You could possibly get around this by putting all the master objects in a library in InDesign. Once in the library, choosing the Place Item command in the library fly-out menu drops the library object(s) on the page and remembers their original positioning on the page. As such they're all selectable objects.

Again, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're tying to do, but I hope this might be an alternative for you.

sorry for my english...
I tested the libary/Place-Item, but all labels contain full colour Images, logo's and txt, because of this layered structure and large amounts of pages I find it hard to use the libary in a relative fast way. But thanks for the responce and if you have more Ideas please let me know.

Well, stay tuned to what happens with InDesign. Being able to release all objects on a page from a master is a common request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back