Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UnloadMovie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wikfx

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2001
MT
I am working on a project and I need to TOTALLY unload the movie, I am using the unloadMovie command and it unloads but than wen I attach it from the library again its al messed up like the first instance is still there like it doesnt get unloaded plus this slows my movie down, anyway is there a better way to REMOVE an mc from teh stage instead of just hide it like unloadmovie seems to be doing.

thanks.

W i K

A bit of confusion...

You should post a link to your .fla...

Intead of unloadMovie, have you tried...

my_mc.removeMovieClip();

Or simply re-loading the whole movie itself...

loadMovieNum("your.swf", 0);

Regards. Web Hosting - Web Design
03/13/05 -> OLDNEWBIE VS FLASHKIT

hi thanks I tried my_mc.removeMovieClip(); but it didnt do anything my mc stayed there, and I would post an fla but it uses external xml's and watever, ok I am gonna try to post somethin, can I just e-mail it to you instead?, thanks

W i K

I need to totally remove the attached mc from the main mc its like no matter what I do it stays there, it doesnt show anywhere but the mc name stays resident coz if I attach another mc with the same name flash gets confused and I cant control the mc for example it dont let me give it an AS tween

thanks

W i K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back