Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unloading a Huge Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilinPCH

Technical User
Jul 27, 2000
US
Hi,

I have created a presentation which has a section that links to / runs a very large Quicktime video (300mb). You get to that section from the main menu of another Dir movie (In the "main" movie, you roll over an icon and then click it. on Mouseup you go to the "video" dir movie). Problem is that when I click the button on the "video" movie to return to the main menu in the "main" movie, rolling over the other branching icons doesn't work --- until i rollover the icon for the "video" movie again and then all the rollovers work.

Hard to explain - I suspect somehow my huge video is not unloading from memory when I jump from one Dir movie to another. Is there a way / what's the best way to stop this delay? (I'm assuming its quicktime video related, since it doesn happen with any of the other branched movies!)

Thanks!
Milin

If sounds more like something wrong with your button script. Can you post your script so I have some idea of whats going on? As it stands I can't see what possible link the movie could have unless your buttons are set up to not operate while a window is open.

One thing I would do it remove or replace the huge video file and test again, see if that helps, if it does then you know for sure that is what the problem is, if not saves you the time of trying to fix the wrong bug.

well, I went back and looked. for whatever reason, my return button and script was wacking it out - so I just copied pasted a return button / script from another section.
Weird!

Thanks Horrid!
Milin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back