Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unload FW policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptomap

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
GB
I am currently configuring 2x Nokia IP530 running IPSO 3.6 and Checkpoint NG FP3. I have very stupidly removed the implied management rules and have added a normal rule but forgotten one of the services. The management station is now disconnected from the enforcement modules. I need to either modify the existing policy or just simply unload it so that I can push another policy. I have also considered modifying the rules.C file but I am unsure about this. I have tried fw uninstall but I think this only works on 4.1. The additional problem that I have is that neither of Nokias are management modules. Does anyone have any advice on how to work around this?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Console into the Nokia enforcement module, and type the command "fw unloadlocal". Once done, re-push the policy...

-Mike

Thanks but I tried that and I received the error "This is not a management station"

"There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Then I'm not sure what to tell you. I've just tried it on my Nokia and it seemed to work fine. Here's the output if it helps you at all. My Nokia is purely an enforcement module also, with a seperate management server....

houIF-61test01[admin]# fw unloadlocal
Uninstalling Security Policy from all.all@houIF-61test01
Done.
houIF-61test01[admin]# fw ver
This is Check Point VPN-1(TM) & FireWall-1(R) NG Feature Pack 3 Build 53225
houIF-61test01[admin]#

I used "fw unload local". You have written "fw unloadlocal" Is this correct? Without a space?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back