Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unload a Assembly ( dll )

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPSKOL

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
BR
Hi,

How can i do to unload a assembly (.dll) ?!?!
I am trying to use AppDomain but i have no progress,
because the main appDomain load the assembly too when the appDomain loads the assembly

not sure about VB.Net - VB6 / MSDN says that the DLL unloaded after 2 minutes (by the OS) aafter the "Object" that requires it has been released. That object seems to be the whole prog in my case so am considering an independant app to handle just the dll side which will unload itself and hence release the resources and unlock the dll. Thats the theory.

To unload an assembly you must create an appdomain load the assembly inside it and then close the appdomain down. The only other way is to close down the program running the dll. The appdomain has little information making it very difficult to do, we were never able to make it work properly but if you do let us know eh...

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back