Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown recipient - but I didn't invite them?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CInman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2001
GB
Every time I send a meeting appointment to a particular colleague, via our internal Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000 implementation, I get this error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: My New Meeting
Sent: 25/02/03 14:10

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Joe Bloggs on 25/02/03 14:10
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=GB;a= ;p=SUNRISE;l=BACH-030225140932Z-4055
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:SURREY:BACH

Does anyone have any idea why this is? This person's mailbox was deleted many moons ago, and there is (as far as I can see) no trace of them anywhere on the Exchange Server? Any ideas welcome - no matter how wacky - as I'm pulling my hair out now ?!?

Have your particular colleague go into his Outlook settings under "Tools", "Options", "Delegates" and remove Joe Bloggs from his list of delegates. This should resolve the problem.

Even though you removed Joe Bloggs from the Exchange server, it does not remove Outlook calendar delegate settings. Your particular colleague's Outlook is still trying to send a copy of his meeting invites to Joe Bloggs, and Joe's mailbox no longer exists, thus you are receiving a bounce back message.

You were absolutely right --- brilliant, and thanks for your help. We thought we'd looked everywhere, but obviously we had not !?! Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back