Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown Manager ID for Squirrel POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassidycaid

Technical User
Apr 29, 2004
US
I have a Squirrel POS system that came with the restaurant. It is asking for the Manager ID code, which I don't know.

Anyone know how to reset or decypher the code?

Also, I'm looking for a Squirrel expert in the Los Angeles/Westside area to help us with getting the system up for the new business.

Is it practical to "revamp" a system left over from the old place or do I need to consider getting a dealer in here?

Any advise is greatly appreciated...

Cassidy Caid
cassidycaid@yahoo.com

Your manager ID is the same as your badge number -- so for example - if you cashout using your number, you enter the same number in twice.

Assuming the id you are talking about a normal password and squirrel classic, you can find them all by going into squirrel\bin\nuts.exe and selecting system configuration and then Employee File. you can keep hitting enter and scroll through all of the employees.

If the password is for the system setup page, then it's still possible, but requires some hacking of data files. Let me know if you need to do this.

If you get a dealer in there you will most likely have to pay a re-licensing fee to use the software.

It's a good idea though -- the training is really good.

We brought in an Aloha dealer and went with that.
Anybody want to buy a used Squirrel system?

Thanks for your info.

how much are you selling the system?
how many terminals do yuo have?

$3000 is the asking price,
5 terminals; no printers

Good morning

Is your system still available? If so can you give me some detail as to what equipment you have.

I will at least need to know what model of terminal you have.

Thanks

Mark

The system is still available.
The 5 terminals are all Squirrel Workstaion V's.
4 of the power supplies work, 1 doesn't.
There is also 1 dot matrix printer, also from squirrel, though I don't have the model number with me.
2 LCD displays are also thrrown in the mix.
I also have the back office converter panel and the rocket port card for the back office cpu.
Most of the connection cables are also included.

Let me know if you are interested.

cassidycaid@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back