Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown High Speed USB 2.0 ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowingShapes

Technical User
Jan 9, 2005
CA
Here is my situation. I got USB 2.0 I had it installed but when I had to reformat my HD, XP could not find the drivers for it. I can no longer find the disc that came with it, I have no clue what USB device I have. I cracked open my computer and all I could get were these numbers off it.

NEW Japan
D720101GJ

0327EPA30

Rev. 03

KEC
2580N4

I don't know how I am supposed to find a driver when I don't even know what USB driver I am looking for. Everyone says XP should handle it, but it's not, it keeps asking for a driver. I have XP with SP2.

TS,

It would depend on what type of hardware you are looking for. Are the USB ports integrated on the MOBO, or was it a seperate card (ie. PCI) that you installed. If it's on the MOBO, you will need to find the manufacturer of the board, and download drivers from their site. Otherwise, pull the card out to see the manufacturer.

Also, the question would be which device it's asking about - the USB ports themselves, or a device that is attached to the USB port.

Chances are it wants you to insert the disc for whatever USB device you have connected.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

The USB is a seperate card, not on the MO. Anyways, cdogg was right it was a device connected to the USB that was missing a driver. I thought it was the USB card itself. D'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back