Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown grid component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romanichine

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
CA
Hi,

I am working on someone else's code and it's using a grid component that I don't know anything about. I tried to get documentation on the net but can't find anything.

Here's some part of the code (see below). Let me know if you know anything about this.

Thanks!

ASP code
==============
//// HTML part

<OBJECT CODEBASE=&quot;../common/SPARCodebase.CAB&quot; CLASSID=&quot;<%=c_strClassIDGrid%>&quot;
NAME=&quot;grdServiceComponents&quot;
TABINDEX = 78
STYLE=&quot;HEIGHT: 210px; LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px; WIDTH: 658px&quot; VIEWASTEXT id=OBJECT5>
<PARAM NAME=&quot;_ExtentX&quot; VALUE=&quot;17410&quot;>
<PARAM NAME=&quot;_ExtentY&quot; VALUE=&quot;5556&quot;>
</OBJECT>

[...]

//// Setting up the grid component (VB)

'*******************************************************************************
'Example: For creating Grid headers
'Name|Width|MaxLength|AllowUpdate|Unique|Mandatory|DataType|EditMask|Format
'*******************************************************************************

'Setting Grid columns
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.ColumnDefinition = _
Array(&quot;<%=c_strColCompId%>|0|10|N|N|N||||Y&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCompType%>|1320|10|Y|N|Y||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCompNo%>|1710|60|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCompDesc%>|1875|50|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCompStatus%>|1215|10|Y|N|Y||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColPONo%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColPOType%>|1335|10|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCircuitConfig%>|1600|10|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColDistance%>|1200|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColQty%>|1200|4|Y|N|Y||9999||&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColChargePerUnit%>|1320|10|Y|N|Y||9999999.99|#.##|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColServiceFromDt%>|1250|10|Y|N|Y|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColServiceToDt%>|1250|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColTotalAmount%>|1710|15|N|N|N||9999999.99|#.##|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColPaymentFrequency%>|1365|10|Y|N|Y||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColInstallCharges%>|1230|10|Y|N|N||9999999.99|#.##|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColActivationCharges%>|1230|10|Y|N|N||9999999.99|#.##|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColOtherCharges%>|1230|10|Y|N|N||9999999.99|#.##|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColOtherChargesDesc%>|2000|50|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColOrderDt%>|1250|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColPSINetTargetDt%>|1250|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColDisconnectDt%>|1450|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColSPAcknDt%>|1710|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColSPConfdt%>|1450|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColSPConfNo%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColPSIDemarcCoord%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColSPDemarcCoord%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCustDemarcCoord%>|1335|50|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColImpMgr%>|1800|30|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColImpMgrPhone%>|1800|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColPSINetRFQNo%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColSPQuotNo%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColQuotSentdt%>|1250|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColQuotRecdDt%>|1250|10|Y|N|N|&quot; & CStr(c_intflexDTDate) & &quot;|9999-99-99|YYYY-MM-DD|&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColProjectNo%>|1335|20|Y|N|N||||N&quot;, _
&quot;<%=c_strColCompComments%>|3500|4000|Y|N|N||||N&quot;)

'Right Align Numeric Columns
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.ColAlignment(c_strColQty) = c_intflexAlignRightCenter
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.ColAlignment(c_strColChargePerUnit) = c_intflexAlignRightCenter
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.ColAlignment(c_strColTotalAmount) = c_intflexAlignRightCenter
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.ColAlignment(c_strColInstallCharges) = c_intflexAlignRightCenter
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.ColAlignment(c_strColActivationCharges) = c_intflexAlignRightCenter
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.ColAlignment(c_strColOtherCharges) = c_intflexAlignRightCenter

'Set the wrap text on
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.AutoSizeMode = c_lngflexAutoSizeRowHeight
Call window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.AutoSize (1,window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.Grid.Cols -1)

'Copy / Paste Rows in GRID
window.document.frmService.grdServiceComponents.AllowCopyPaste = True

--
Roman

The classid appears to be stored in a vasriable from somewhere, ifyou can track that down and do a google search on it you may get some hits since class id's are unique, if you don't get any I would assume it was something they developed in house and should have (but probably didn't) document. Look around for the source code for it on any local development machines, and if all else fails email the original developer and see if they have a copy of the source or some time to discuss it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm probably telling you things you either already tried or thought of, but I have never heard of this component before and the fact that a google search on the codebase brought me nothing makes me lean towards the internal development theory.

-Tarwn --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
This space has nothing in it, it's all ni your imagination

I should have included the class ID. Here it is:

0C364EFE-665A-4476-ACEB-83F864B51964

I did try Google, Altavista, Yahoo, you name it, without finding anything about the component. It must be home-made but the developer is nowhere to be found.

Thank you for your reply Tarwin.

--
Roman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back