Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown Error...locked out of Central Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gc1908

Programmer
Jul 10, 2007
I am in the process of implementing WSS3. I was in the process of creating a web application (along with adding databases). As I was creating the Web Application, I made some changes

1. I changed the URL
2. I changed the Application Pool name (took the number off)
3. ...not knowing ~ I changed the content DB name to a recently created DB - installed earlier in the implementation (...recently realized it had no stored procedures) - should have kept the default WSS_Content DB.

Now, I'm unable to get back into Central Admin to do anything. (Read the log file and its unable to run/find several different stored procedures...dbo.proc_getNewObjects, etc.)

Do I need to uninstall and start over or is there another way I can log back in?

Help...PLEASE!!!

Do you have backups? If you do, I would just restore everything to an earlier time. If you don't have any backups of anything can you just copy the data in the old database to the new one? Might be worth a shot.

But a re-install might be your only practical option, if you don't have a lot of content. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back