Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unix/Windows Oracle authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

keitharmstrong

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Problem

Our user has the following accounts -

spinnock Unix account
spinnock application A Oracle account
pinnocks Windows Domain account

When unix spinnock logs in to Applications A his credentials are being
passed as "spinnock" and he is allowed access.
If he logs in with his windows account, "pinnocks" - this will not authenticate.

Is their a way we can map both accounts to the one oracle user? I know we could change the user accounts names to match, however this is not possible.

thanks all

Keith

Hi Keith - can you create another user 'like' spinnock? I know this is possible with Oracle Enterprise Manager.

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Ken

Im unfamiliar with the command, however does this just nto create a new user with the same specifics as the orgininal user? I need the oracle user to understand that both windows user and unix user has access

thanks

Keith

Keith - as far as I know the 'like' will create another user with the same attributes as spinnock, but called pinnocks.

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Ken

yep, however i dont believe it will allow the oracle user to authenticate against it. It needs to match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back