Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unix Printing - Drawer Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

benace

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
Hey All-

Have a Canon ir3300 worgroup printer with multiple drawers (4 paper, 1 bypass). Printing from Unix/Cimpro - wondering... how do I print from unix and designate a specific drawer? IE... how do I tell unix to print on my letterhead that's in drawer 3? Thanks

-ben

Ben McMahon
IT Admin
Perry's Ice Cream
ben.mcmahon@perrysicecream.com

indiscretionhires3D200px.jpg

You need to edit your spool to add the escape codes for drawer selection.

I know of a couple of solutions for that model. What country are you in? What flavor of UNIX are you using? Which print sub system are you using? Is it a situation where you can change the print subsystem?

Rick-

Thanks for the reply. We are in the US, using SCOUnix. I'm not terribly familiar with the print subsystem or exact version of unix we are using - I'm checking on that right now. I'll either have my coworker post the details, or I'll post them (hopefully tomorrow - tuesday). Thanks

-ben

Ben McMahon
IT Admin
Perry's Ice Cream

perriwinkle_products.jpg

Rick-

Thanks! That site looks awesome.

Here's a little background on what our operation is trying to do:

we have an SCO unix box running thouroughbread cimpro to access a huge database (for ordering, mixing, shipping, receiving, etc). A few of our employees require paper-specific printing from the cimpro system, such as letter head or bill forms - and the easiest way is to do specify which tray to print from (as in windows). We are hoping for a command-line solution that will allow printing directly to the printer from cimpro.

I'll get back to you with the print system details later today, going to run it by another guy here. Thanks

-ben

Ben McMahon
IT Admin
Perry's Ice Cream

perriwinkle_scoops.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back