Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unix Level Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

payers

MIS
Sep 21, 2000
AU
Does anyone out there use Unix level access security with the newer MIMS UI's (e.g. MIMSMui). The issue we are seeing is how can a user change passwords via the UI when the Unix password is due for expiry. One thought was to return to MIMS security for user administration, but management / auditors prefer not to.
If there is a way that Unix security can be retained, I would like to know how it was configured to work.

Contact Canadian Defence they use a Mainframe Resorce Access Control Facility to manage Security Access and users change their passwords every 30 days.

In Service Suppor Group - Client Services Manager
Mr. Trevor Wilson wilson.tj@forces.gc.ca

Good Luck!

I thought sp_pwd_tux was supposed to allow password change but we have never gotten it to work through the MIMS logon screen. I had a version that I could use in my own script but when we upgraded unix version we gat a new sq_pwd_tux which doesn't work the same any more.

Anyone have any experience with sq_pwd_tux?

Thanks for you responses,
Since I posted this thread I have discussed it with a number of Mincom technical gurus. Our main problem is that we are using Mincom TP and this functionality is not available with this. Apparently Tuxedo allows the functionality with different but not all TP - platfom - mims versions combinations. It appears our best means for resolution for thsi priblem is with Ellipse 5.3 where the embedded security module is more mature.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back