Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unix Based Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herb57

Technical User
Mar 20, 2000
CA
hot4rcpkidsfoundation.on.ca
Our foundation site has moved to a Unix based sever. We are experiencing a lot of problems. I can't up-load my front page files using the publisher but I can with a FTP program. Some of my forms work and some don't, this is weird. I set-up a test site on an other server that supports front page extension, uploaded all my files and everything works like a charm. I have heard that Unix has a problem with front page. Does anyone have some ideas?<br>Herb<br> <p>Herb<br><a href=mailto:simons@ican.net>simons@ican.net</a><br><a href= Oxygen Therapy 4 Cerebral Palsy</a><br>

Its not UNIX that has the problem, but your ISP.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have several FrontPage web sites on a UNIX server and others on a Windows NT server and have no problems with UNIX.&nbsp;&nbsp;The problems that you are having are due to the FrontPage extensions not installed or not installed properly.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also there are server extensions for FrontPage 98 and FrontPage 2000.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are using FrontPage 2000 on a server with 98 extensions, this may be causing some of your problems.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, check the version of your FrontPage extensions.&nbsp;&nbsp;Your FrontPage web root directory should have the file _vti_inf.html which contains the FrontPage configuration information.&nbsp;&nbsp;If the file is there, then print out the source code which will give you the version number of the extensions installed.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this file is not there, then you don't have the extensions installed on the server. <p>Hella<br><a href=mailto:webmaster@vision21enterprises.com>webmaster@vision21enterprises.com</a><br><a href= Enterprises</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back