Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniwell TX-870 needs setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithware

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
Hey All....

I have a Uniwell TX-870-03 touch screen POS terminal that was unplugged for a time and now says:

IR DONE
SETUP REQUIRED

on the screen now. No combination of buttons nor key positions seems to allow me to do anything... Any hints on anything I can do? Can I upload the required setup from the PLM2000 program or another register? If so, how do I make the affected terminal receptive to the programming?

I am also having problems with cash drawers. I was adding a cash drawer to the only register without one (4 units total) and needed to duplicate the cable, so I unplugged a working one to trace the pins. That cash drawer stopped opening, even though in the systems cash drawer diagnostics it recognizes when it's open and closed. I've tried turning it off for a while and even resent the program data from a working register to it, with no luck.... is there something I'm missing?

I used to be a Uniwell dealer a while back and I would suggest you find a dealer to handle your problems. Those registers tend to be very complex and from what you are saying, the instructions on what needs to happen next could take up 4 to 5 pages of fairly technical information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back