Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniwell TX-870-03 POS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithware

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
Hey all, weird problem... I have a 4 unit Uniwell POS (please consider both acronyms appropriate). I was adding a cash drawer to the only register without one and needed to duplicate the cable, so I unplugged a working one to trace the pins. That cash drawer stopped opening, even though in the systems cash drawer diagnostics it recognizes when it's open and closed. I've tried turning it off for a while and even resent the program data from a working register to it, with no luck.... is there something I'm missing? Anyone? Help!

Sham Rocks

The diagnostic program will only test for the compulsion switch(i.e senses if the drawer open or closed)it does not fire the drawer.You need to determine if the solenoid in the drawer is firing (not sure if it's 12v or 24v).If the solenoid fires independently of the Till then more than likely the problem lies with the main board of the unit.

Hi, Matt here, I am a Uniwell engineer, sounds like you have flags incorrectly set or the 4 drawer wires have become crossed, more likely though is that its actually locked itself, you will need a drawer key DW352 to undo it. hope this helps.

I don't think it is the flags, as the software hasn't changed a bit... I use the same system flags for all 4 registers (except for printing settings) and one of the registers is still working. I received a new register and was trying to create my own cable by mapping one of the other ones. I now have the original cables back in their original drawers (including the right ends in the terminal and the drawer) and they do not work... It's almost like I blew a fuse in the draw mechanism, but I don't think there is one in there. The terminal seems to be sending out the correct voltage, but nothing happens.... What do you mean it is locked? I get the feeling you are not talking about the lock on the front... could you please explain?

Hi all, i hope you all enjoyed the xmas period, back to work and back start the problems, i run a bar in the UK with a Uniwell TX-870 epos till system, it has 2 tills and a cash draw for each till. Till one has now locked out and states "CASH DECLARATION DRAWER 1" till 2 is thankfully still working but with new years eve fast approaching and the UK help desk closed can any one help???? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back