Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Universal trunk card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomadd22

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2005
US
We're using some satellite gear for incoming loop start trunks that has pretty low ringing voltage. (about 40V). The pbx won't detect the ringing. I was wonderiing if there was anyway to loosen up the detect parameters before I give up. There's no way I can figure to do this with ground start.

can you get any other start type? btw if your stateside the provider by federal mandate they have to provide 90 vac plus or minus 10 percent.. you can't set ring detect to any lower voltage without a solder gun

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My provider is Westinghouse satellite phone with an analog adaptor, and I don't think it cares much about Federal regs. This is for a shipboard option 11c that gets trunks from all kinds of unnatural sources. I'll try a ring voltage booster they make for rural phone lines.
Thanks

A DIAL LONG LINE UNIT IS ABOUT YOUR ONLY OPTION, WECOM AND TELABS MAKES THE UNIT. YOU WILL NEED A RING GEN, POWER SUPPLY AND DLL UNIT WITH UNIT HOUSING. THERE NOT HARD TO WIRE UP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back